I know Christmas has juuuuuuust passed us by but who said we can't make these lil babies whenever we want?? Also for another idea for all of the fruit mince you will have (even though it keeps for ages!) you can make a fruit cake by just adding some almond flour and baking powder! Great for last minute guest!!!!
1 cup dried pitted dates chopped
1/2 cup of dried figs chopped
1/2 cup raisin
1 apple grated
1 cinnamon quill
1 tbs cinnamon powder
1 tsp mixed spice
3/4 cup water
*I also used just a few tablespoons of brandy.....just to be authentic! Well it IS Christmas!!
If you want to make these gorgeous lil mince tarts......here is what I used for the cases and crosses on top!
2 cups almond flour (I only had meal but for appearance use blanched almond flour!)
4tablespoons coconut flour
1/4teaspoon sea salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl
2. With your fingers work the butter into the flour mix.
3. Melt the honey on the stove so you have a more runny consistency and add the mix along with the egg.
4. Mix till well combined and roll out onto a floured bench top.
5. Use a biscuit cutter or edge of a glass to cut your cases and place into a muffin tray.
6. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 165 degrees then remove and fill each case with mince and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the cases are golden brown.