Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!







Ok let's get this straight, I am a health nerd. It’s true. I am addicted. I love learning aaaaaaaall there is to know about our bodies and how this machine works that we walk around in all day. I’m always investigating what nasties are in the foods make up 95% of the places where most people do their grocery shopping. I am forever researching and listening to podcasts on how what we eat and how we live can affect us psychologically, physiologically and emotionally. It would not be crazy to find me on a Saturday night reading up on the benefits of soaking nuts! One of my favourite past times is tricking people that the dessert that I have just created is laden with refined processed sugar when in actual fact it's not and just tastes amazing because dates DO taste amazing!!

Now I didn’t get here easy. I didn’t wake up one day thinking ‘ what am I going to do today…..um, let's see I will do a workout, clean the house,  catch up with my bestie for coffee and become a ridiculously excited health freak!' No kids. It was a natural, and challenging progression. Note the word NATURAL.  Very important. It is not until I look back at where I was and where I am now and all the things I have learnt and realise that it all just continued to happen on it's own. I am not going to give you all the ins and outs and upside downs of why I am here (although it is plain as day that I was put on this earth to deliver my home made nut bars  to everyone whilst riding a unicorn and wearing a green cape of healthiness!).  But if you do want to read about why I had no choice but  to follow this green brick road, why it makes me happier and healthier and also how I don’t live a perfectly healthy life ALL of the time, then check out my Automelography!

So why am I writing?  Well, if I can be brutally honest…..it is kinda for me! I have always grown up being the ‘I want to make a change’ girl . I thrive on helping and empowering people.

I want to help people gain the motivation to make changes in their lives that will result in a healthier, happier lifestyle and prevent disease. I want to help educate you all on why this important and how eating fresh whole foods, exercising, reducing stress level and sleeping better can help not just to increase length of  our life, but to increase  the length of a BETTER  life!
I want to see the migration in society  towards more community and social interaction, promote sourcing our foods as locally as possible, helping children become more involved in their health, provide window for people to start realising that our mind and body are not living on separate planets and explore the reasons why over consumption seems to be killing us!


But you see, I am also writing  to aid my own development. To help me come to terms with parts of my own health and well being that I haven’t  quite conquered yet.

So you guys are now my therapists!


Soooooooo let’s see………..who is Mellness for then???

It is for the greater population who may agree to one of the following:

a) Feeling less that amazing about how they feel physically, emotionally and mentally
b)   Who are ‘too busy’ to workout, prepare food or take ‘time out’
c)    Need coffee, I mean ‘think’ they need coffee to even function. Not the people that  just like      coffee, but because the say their body neeeeeeeeds coffee!
d)   Think chia seeds are part of a kit that could be purchased at toy stores back in the 90’s that grew a grass pet.

If you answered yes to any of they above then you can jump 2 spots to Mellness!


But if you:

      a)    Know that Macca powder is not sold at McDonalds.
      b)   Know what Ketosis is.
      c)    Include metabolic training, Tibata or barefoot running in in your workouts.
      d)   Already make your own Kambucha tea.

Then you may dose off in this movie and are most likely already a part of the group of us that are migrating to where the better half live.

So do you know which party you belong to? Sweeeeeeet then let’s play!



Comments