Chicken Chorizo Bake


So last week I decided to go and stay at my mum and dads for the night and visit the fam. Makes it sound like they live somewhere far.......they live 35 minutes away!! Hahaha! But still, it's peaceful, it's home and I feel like I have been away for the weekend! So naturally when I go and visit I get excited because I have the opportunity to cook for everyone! I get to make the recipes that I have collected  (remember me= recipe hoarder) because let's get serious when you live on your own, sometimes you just can't get through a whole roast with trimmings. Sometimes.

But see, with this comes a bit of a challenge. Because between my parents, brother, sisters, brother in law, nephews, girlfriends, boyfriends, dogs (ok I don't cook for dogs) there are many different taste buds. Many different taste buds, many different dislikes and pretty much anything too out of the ordinary is a no no. I'm telling you it's tricky city! Soooooo what does one cook for their family that is a safe option? Chicken my friends. Chicken. And this is what I came up with. Just served this up with some salads. Went down a mother of a treat. And in turn made me very smiley :-) Suuuuuuuccceeeesssss!!!!



Chicken Chorizo Bake

2 large chicken breasts cut into large pieces
3 chicken thighs cut into large pieces
1 chorizo sausage cut into thick slices
2 cans of crushed or diced tomatoes
1 fresh tomato cut into wedges
4 cloves of garlic chopped
1 shallot chopped
1 handful of continental parsley chopped
1 handful of basil leaves
½ lemon
Balsamic vinegar to taste


  1. 1.  Place chicken pieces into a large ceramic baking dish
  2. 2.     Sprinkle with fresh tomato, garlic, shallot, parsley and basil.
  3. 3.     Pan fry chorizo and add to the chicken mix along with any juices
  4. 4.     Cover with the crushed tomatoes and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 mins
  5. 5.     Squeeze lemon and drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving

Comments