Home rescue remedy - Nasty colds



So my Chiropractor had a baby. Which makes me a bit sad. Why does that make me sad?? Because it means that selfishly I haven’t been able to feed my Chiro fetish in over 2 months. Which also means that considering I go every 2-3 weeks, I have a cranky body. But the part that makes me angry is that for the first time in almost 3 years, I started to get symptoms of a cold. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! Does that mean I am not invincible?? I guess not….sad face.

For those that are not familiar with Chiropractic, then basically they are nervous system doctors. They nervous system comprises of your brain and your spine. When your spine is misaligned due to lots of kinds of stresses that we place on the body these days, then your nervous system is not functioning to it’s full capacity which leads to our body’s getting sick and most common sign of this…..COLDS!! You will find that most people that visit Chiropractors less frequently get colds and sickness and if they feel a bit under the weather then they will get cracking and get an adjustment from their saintly Chiro!

Now seeing as I am without mine at the moment, I decided to put up a fight with my own little concoction. So this is my Mellness remedy.


In a mug of hot water mix:

  • ·      a teaspoon of Manuka honey
  • ·      a teaspoon of grated ginger
  • ·      a quarter wedge of lemon juice (I leave the wedge in the water as I sip)
  • ·      a teaspoon of turmeric



And a couple of times I mixed in some yummy coconut oil (I am so addicted!!)

So why these ingredients??



         Tumeric - stimulates and strengthens the immune system due to it’s strong anti bacterial, anti viral and anti fungal qualities.

·      Manuka honeyused for a range of medicinal used due to it’s unique components of antibiotics that are not found in all honeys. Manuka honey is graded according level of potency of these unique compounds. You can’t just start eating just any normal honey buy the spoonful!

·      Ginger helps to clear throat and nasal congestion and warms up the body.

·      Lemonreduces phlegm, assists respiratory issues, high in vitamin c which aids in iron absorption. Iron is actually very important in immune function. If your immune system is not pulling it’s weight then guess what….in come the sick bugs!



Comments