Reese's peanut butter cups = NO!!.....Mellness' peanut butter balls = YES!!!!!

Well it is Easter and let's face it, that means chocolate! For me it also means hot cross buns (actually even more so than chocolate, gasp!)  but I had a failed attempt at a Mellness alternative so it's now about the chocolate treats! Now unfortunately, through strict instruction from my chiropractor I am not to consume chocolate due the acidic properties in cacao the messes with my belly. Which now when I think of is probably more fortunate! But the way I see things,  I treat my insides with a lot of respect with regards to the foods I put into it so my body should be able to defend itself quite well with a once  a year chocolate binge. As long as the chocolate is of highest quality (the more cacao, the less room for other cheap crap!) or even better.....home made like these!!!!


Choc nut butter balls


Nut dough

1  cup of nut butter of your choice ( on this occasion I used a blended peanut/coconut spread that I needed to use up but any kind of nut butter works)

2  tablespoons of coconut flour

1  tablespoon of melted honey or 100% pure maple syrup



Dark choc coating

4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder

4 tablespoons of coconut oil  (solid)

1 tablespoon of melted honey or 100% pure maple syrup



  • Mix all ingredients for the nut dough together and roll into small balls and place in the freezer for 15 minutes



  • Meanwhile combine the coconut oil and honey, and slowly start adding in the cacao powder a little at a time continuing to stir.



  • Remove balls from the freezer and toss into the chocolate a couple at a time to coat. The chocolate will start to  solidify around the frozen balls.



  • Place each ball on a tray of baking paper and place in the fridge until ready to serve! 


                                               



P.s make just the chocolate and mix some raisins or sultanas (organic and not soaked in sunflower oil or preservative 220) like I did, spread it on a tray of baking paper and pop in the fridge for your own block (slab lol) of chocolate!


Comments