Seed crunchies

This is pretty much my easiest go to recipe that I always As I always tell everyone, get creative and don't always just stick to recipes. I suggest try it once to the instructions, then once you know how it rolls you just rock it out what ever way you want!! With this one you can add dried fruits or berries, choc chips or anything you like to taste. Use crushed or broken nuts if you don't have enough seeds.  I hate anything that has too many steps or ingredients. If I have to keep reading instructions or ingredients then you lose me! Unless it is for a special dish! Quick, easy non fiddly is what I like peeps!



Seed Crunchies

1 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup of sesame seeds
1/2 cup of shredded coconut
3 heaped tablespoons of honey melted
Cinnamon to taste (I used about 3 tsp)
1/2 tsp of salt


*I also used a tsp of orange blossom water for a bit of a spin but they taste just as awesome without!

Mix dry ingredients together, stir in the melted honey and pour mixture onto a baking tray covered with greased baking paper that you have greased with coconut oil, olive oil or ghee/grassfed butter.

Bake at 160 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.

While still soft, turn out onto a tray or plate and place in the fridge for 10 mins or so until mix starts to harden but still with a sticky consistency. 

Remove from fridge and break into chunks! Keep in the fridge and use as lunch snack for work or school.




You have 2 options with this one. You can place the mix onto a plate or tray once you have removed from oven and break into pieces after the mix has been in the fridge (great for snack bags or crumble for desserts, muesli) OR you can place into little clumps as per below for a more biscuit approach!
                                               

Comments