Choc coconut cauliflower pots

I am pretty proud of this. And I told myself this when I tasted it. Like out aloud I told myself. So who remembers my epic meal of seared salmon and coconut cauliflower rice that I posted earlier this week  care of PaleOMG ?? If you don't then it probably means you didn't see it because if you did.....you would remember because it was speeeectacular. So check it out already.

So what did I do with the left over cauliflower 'rice' that I had?? Totally made it into a dessert!! Aaaaaaand I only added one more ingredient!!! Hahaha! This made me so happy because I was eating vegetable in a dessert and it didn't even have sugar! So what was the ingredient??


Raw Cacao Powder!!

Follow the recipe to make the cauliflower rice....

For the rice
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1 head cauliflower, stem removed, roughly chopped
  • ½ cup canned coconut milk or coconut cream (I used coconut cream)
  • pinch of salt
  • ¼ cup unsweetended shredded coconut
  1. Add chopped cauliflower to a food processor with the shredding attachment to “rice” the cauliflower.
  2. Place over large pot over medium heat, add coconut oil then add riced cauliflower. Add coconut milk/cream along with a little salt. Mix together to incorporate and let cook for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Once soft, add shredded coconut, mix, then turn down heat to low to keep warm.

Then all I did was add some Raw Cacao Powder to the taste I liked! I chose to put this in a little container and topped with some left over coconut cream and put it in the fridge till the next day. 

Other ideas:

  • Serve warm and add a little more coconut cream/milk to a more creamy consistence for a warm porridge.
  • Have for breakfast and top with fresh fruit, dried fruit, crushed nuts and drizzle honey
  • Mix in some eggs and pour into a loaf tin and back in the oven for a quick easy frittata that you can cut into pieces, have cold and grab and go!
  • Great way to show kids that vegetables can be YUM!



Comments