Creamy thai Avocado soup

So recently I got a fancy pants version of braces....Invisilign. Basically a clear very thin mouth guard that I will wear for 2 years resulting in me smiling without fear. This makes me smile......with a closed mouth of course! Anyways for that weekend I was consuming adult versions of baby food so I decided to give this recipe a crack. Woah!!!

3 ripe Haas avocados
1 can coconut milk (100% if you can find, not that crap with stabilisers and mostly water)
1 cup of filtered water
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 garlic clove minced
1 1/2 tbsp of thai green curry paste (I omitted because I can't tolerate too much chilli or hotness and was totally fine. Add some dried chilli if you like)
3 tsp coconut or rapadura sugar
2 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp finely grated lime zest 
3 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup diced red capsicum (garnish)
1/4 cup shredded Thai basil or coriander (garnish)

Coarsely chop the avocados and place in a blender with coconut milk, water, onion.....actually everything except the garnish!
Blend until super smooth and continue to add water and more seasoning to your liking.
The soup should be thick, smooth and creamy.
Place in the fridge to cool 
To serve sprinkle with herbs and capsicum

*Tip: This makes heeeeeeaps!! Way to much for lil me so not only did I have it as soup a couple of times, but I also mixed it through domes spaghetti squash for a creamy take on pasta and also used it poured over some brown rice and topped with veggies!! Happy times


 

Comments