This is a really light summery salad and the fennel is great for aiding digestion and minimises wind, bloating and indigestion. I know it is not summer here in Australia yet but I don't care....I love fennel!
Fennel and orange salad
1 medium sized fennel
1 cup of salad greens, lettuce, rocket or baby spinach
2 tsp fennel fronds
2 tbsp roughly chopped mint
2 tbsp toasted walnuts chopped of crumbled
2 tbsp capers (optional)
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp cumin
1. Peel orange with a sharp knife and cutting away any of the whites from the peel and cut orange into segments
2. Thinly slice fennel lengthways and combine in a bowl with the orange, mint and fennel fronds.
3. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix till well combined, or my favourite is placing all ingredients in a jar and shaking together.
4. Pour half of the dressing over the mix and toss until covered.
5. Arranged greens on a platter and top with fennel mix.
6. Drizzled over remaining dressing and garnish with toasted walnuts and capers.