18/06/15 train in between Footscray and North Melbourne.....
Boy: "But how do we know??"
Girl: "We don't, we just know it in our hearts..."
Awwwww isn't that gorgeous?? She so passionately wants to open her own cafe :-)
Ok food time!!
1 medium sized eggplant halved length ways
2 table spoons of olive oil
pinch of salt
For the crumble
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs cumin powder
2 teaspoons of dried coriander or powder
1 tsp tamari or coconut aminos
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees and place eggplant halves on a foil lined baking tray, cut sides up.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle each half with a tablespoon of oil and rub in. Bake for approximately 20-25 mins or until the tops brown. Then flip over for 5 mins.
- While eggplant is baking, place all ingredients for the crumble in a food processor except the salt and pepper and pulse until you have a chunky crumbly texture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once eggplant is done serve on a bed of baby spinach and top the eggplant halves with crumble mixture.
Tips and tricks for crumble!
- Substitute the dried coriander for fresh coriander and add in some fresh or sun dried tomatoes
- Add in a half an avocado diced with some cumber and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Add some dried, cranberries, sultanas or chopped dates
- a raw vegan san choi bow served in lettuce cups
- used as a vegan mince meat in hard or soft shelled tacos
- filling for rice paper rolls or wrap in Nori sheets for sushi
- use as a stuffing for a roast or in baked chicken breasts