Why can't I just make a recipe as it is??? I get all restless and shit and my inner creative gets the better of me. Meh, not such a bad thing when it means you come up with something like this. Listen, this bread is the shiz. Period. So just make it.
This is an adaptation of 'Flourless Zucchini bread' from A love of food and fitness
- 1 apple shredded
- 1 med carrot, shredded
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Squeeze out excess moisture from the apple and carrot with either your hands or using paper towel.
- Place the squeezed apple and carrot into a large mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients and stir.
- Add in the coconut oil then the eggs and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into a loaf tin, sprinkle some extra coconut over the top then press in walnut pieces.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes, until top and edges are looking golden.
- Eat it. Now.