I find that I thrive within limitations. I mean where is a challenge with creation if you have limitless possibilities? At the moment I am on a month long Leaky Gut elimination diet which means that there is a lot that I must avoid. That means I am pretty limited when it comes to ingredients. So within boundaries, of course I take up the challenge to create. Create things like these...
ZEsty ChoC MinT Avocado baRs! Raw, sugar free and think lots of the 'good' kinds of fat
What you need
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup raw cacao
- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil or ¼ tsp peppermint essence
- pinch salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
What you do with it:
- Blend avocado and juice until smooth
- While blending, gradually pour in melted coconut oil.
- Add your coconut, vanilla and salt and blend til combined.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and set in the freezer for 30 mins
- In the meantime melt coconut oil and stir in cacao a little at a time (no one wants a powder explosion of cacao!)
- And your peppermint and give it a good stir.
- Remove your mix from the freezer, let sit for 5 mins and cut into bars.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate, place on tray and into the fridge for 5 minutes or until the chocolate has set.